Working at Height
Working at height remains one of the biggest causes of fatalities and major injuries. Common causes include falls from ladders and through fragile roofs. This course aims to give workers knowledge of the risk surrounding working at height.
Upon completion of the Working at Height course, staff will have an understanding of:
- Introduction to working at height
- The statistics relating to working at height
- The Working at Height Regulations 2005
- Employer and employee responsibilities
- Assessing risk and risk reduction
- Common risk factors
- Organisation, planning and competence
- Risk reduction, risk assessment and precautions
- Method statements
- Selecting roof equipment and key issues in roof work
- Work equipment types
- Safe access, roof edges and openings
- Fragile surfaces and falling materials
- Training requirements
When you are happy that you understand the course material you can take the online multiple choice assessment which has a pass rate of 80%. On successful completion of the test you will be issued with a certificate to confirm your understanding of the course material.
This course allows you to work to a competent level. However, to use PPE in connection with working at height you must receive further formal instructional training that contains practical elements to ensure your competence and safety with the necessary equipment. For further information, please call 08448 707 402 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Working at Height course details
The course is £10 for single users. For multi-users please contact 08448 707 402 or email email@example.com to discuss license fees.
We have further courses available and have a comprehensive list of risk assessments and method statements for all types of industry and task. Contact us for more information.
Health & Safety solutions available on any internet enabled device.
See more of our features